RE: windres compilation rule

From: John Ratliff
Subject: RE: windres compilation rule
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 05:23:43 -0500

I tested it in Linux with automake 1.9.6 and it still doesn't work.

I changed the rc rule to compile an rc file that was really a C file. It
still doesn't interpret the directory correctly.

Per your other suggestions, I have altered my Makefile.am like so:

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects
EXTRA_DIST = res/icon32x32.ico res/icon32x32.xpm \
        res/alphabet.xpm res/mpg.xrc
CLEANFILES = res/mpg.cc

bin_PROGRAMS = mpg

mpg_SOURCES = AppConstants.hh \
        MPGApp.cc MPGApp.hh \
        exceptions/InvalidPasswordException.cc \
        exceptions/InvalidPasswordException.hh \
        model/Password.cc model/Password.hh \
        view/MPGFrame.cc view/MPGFrame.hh \
        view/PasswordPanel.cc view/PasswordPanel.hh

nodist_mpg_SOURCES = res/mpg.cc

if WINDOWS
mpg_SOURCES += windows.rc
endif

.rc.o:
        windres @WX_INCLUDES@ -o $@ $<

.xrc.cc:
        wxrc -c -o $@ $<

> Are you willing to test this with CVS Automake?  (Requires test
> Autoconf.)

Sure. How do I get CVS Automake and Autoconf?

--John Ratliff