Re: building static libraries for modules

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: building static libraries for modules
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:31:17 +0200

Hello Tommi,

* Tommi Mäkitalo wrote on Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 10:19:28PM CEST:

> When I try to put into my CXXFLAGS -DPKGLIBDIR=\"@address@hidden", I have a
> proper
> string PKGLIBDIR in my source, but -DPKGLIBDIR=\"@address@hidden" is not
> substituted. I tried to add AC_SUBST(pkglibdir) to my configure.in, but it
> does not help.

Is this different from this?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2006-08/msg00100.html

If yes, please print
  grep pkglibdir Makefile.in Makefile

If you reran autoconf and automake after adding the AC_SUBST, there
should be a line
  pkglibdir = @pkglibdir@

in Makefile.in, and a corresponding one with the substitution in
Makefile.  You can also peek at the new config.status file (after
rebuilding) what it sets pkglibdir to.  Maybe that helps you find
the issue.

If not, please show some preferably small reproducible example.