Re: no .deps directory generated

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: no .deps directory generated
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:04:38 +0100

Hello David,

* David Byron wrote on Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 07:40:02PM CET:
> I'm having trouble getting a .deps directory generated when I think it
> should.  As a result, I see this error:
>
> Makefile:357: .deps/TestECVersion.Po: No such file or directory
[...]
> where configure.ac lives in agent and contains:
>
> AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile util/Makefile
> util/tests/Makefile:config/cppunit.mk.in:util/tests/Makefile.in
> testmain/Makefile])

What's in config/cppunit.mk.in and what in util/tests/Makefile.am?
I'm assuming the latter file exists, otherwise automake would have
no business in util/tests.

Please note that automake does see the contents of config/cppunit.mk.
If you meant that otherwise, then do
  AC_CONFIG_FILES([util/tests/Makefile]

(without the colon-separated other files), and just put
  include $(top_srcdir)/config/cppunit.mk

in util/tests/Makefile.am.

Hope that helps.