Re: trying to find a good solution to filename clash

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: trying to find a good solution to filename clash
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:22:11 -0800

Russell Kliese <address@hidden> writes:

> If my makefile contains roughly the following:
>
> lib_LIBRARIES = libfoo.a
> libfoo_a_SOURCES = foo1/exception.cpp foo2/exception.cpp
>
> I end up with the following error:
>
> Makefile.am: object `exception.$(OBJEXT)' created by
> `foo2/exception.cpp' and `foo1/exception.cpp'

I think that you want to put "subdir-objects" in your
AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS.  From the Automake manual:

`subdir-objects'
     If this option is specified, then objects are placed into the
     subdirectory of the build directory corresponding to the
     subdirectory of the source file.  For instance, if the source file
     is `subdir/file.cxx', then the output file would be
     `subdir/file.o'.

     In order to use this option with C sources, you should add
     `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' to `configure.ac'.

--
Ben Pfaff
address@hidden