Re: autotools on mac os x

From: Tsuna
Subject: Re: autotools on mac os x
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 18:52:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, May 4, 2007 18:10, didyeah971 said:

> Hi, i am using Mac OS X 10.4.9, distributed with autoconf 2.59, automake
> 1.6.3 and i need at least automake 1.9.6 to run some apache software.
> The problem is that i am new to autotools and i can't find any manual or
> tuto to explain how to upgrade automake or autoconf, and libtools.
> Could you give me an hand, i have been searching for 2 entire days..
> Thx,
> did

The best way is probably to install them through MacPorts
(http://www.macports.org/)
See: http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts
Then install the packages `autoconf', `automake' and `libtool' (eg: sudo
port --verbose install autoconf automake libtool).

Otherwise you can grab a tarball of autoconf/automake/libtool and install
them manually with the traditionnal untar/configure/make all check/make
install process.  You can find these tarballs on the sites of each
package, namely:
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/#downloading
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/#downloading
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/