Re: User defined variable to configure library headers location.

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: User defined variable to configure library headers location.
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:14:58 +0200

On Sep 13, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Chetan Raj wrote:

Hi All,

Hi,

I am new to Automake tools. I am going to ask a very common use scenario.
Please point me to relevant articles if it is already discussed.

Problem:

I have a definition of a variable like this in the source Makefile.am file:

SD_BASE_DIR = $(srcdir)/../../../../..

Obviously "SD_BASE_DIR" definition works only in my developing environment
setup.

I want to override this variable at ./configure time. Example:
../configure SD_BASE_DIR ="/home/chetan/SD"

When I provide my source to some other developer, he just has to re- define SD_BASE_DIR variable to point to his source base directory location. I am not finding out how to do it. It is a very common scenario, so I am sure
there must be a way out.. but it is not obvious to me.

Simply add:
AC_SUBST([SD_BASE_DIR])

To your configure.ac and use $(SD_BASE_DIR) in your Makefile.am's.

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory