Re: Small documentation issue

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: Small documentation issue
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:05:11 -0500

On 1/13/08, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * NightStrike wrote on Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 10:08:58AM CET:
> >
> > AC_INIT takes in parameters the name of the package, its version
> > number, and a contact address for bugreports about the package (this
> > address is output at the end of ./configure --help, for instance).
> >
> > That's not a sentence.  "takes in parameters the name" should be
> > reworded.  Something as simple as the word "as" between "in" and
> > "parameters" would work: ..takes in as parameters the name..
>
> Thanks, I fixed that in the git version.

Here's another one..  on numbered page 82, pdf page 84:

In this example 'bindir.h' is not distributed, not installed, and it
is not even being built on-time. One may wonder what the
'nodist_foo_SOURCES = bindir.h' line has any use at all.

These two sentences are grammatically incorrect.  The first sentence
can be fixed by changing ", not" to "nor", as in:  'bindir.h' is not
distributed nor installed

An alternative is to remove "it" from "and it is", though the first
solution is more elegant.

The second sentence could be fixed most easily by changing "wonder
what" to "wonder whether or not" or "wonder if", though other options
are available.  "One may wonder what use the 'nodist_foo_SOURCES =
binder.h' line has at all" works, as well.  It's up to the author's
discretion.