Re: installing only shared lib

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: installing only shared lib
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:40:32 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote on Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:38:48PM CET:
() Vincent Torri <address@hidden>
() Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:17:12 +0100 (CET)

   a library that I use installs shared libs that will be
   loaded with dlopen. That is, the static lib, the .la
   files (and the import lib *.dll.a on windows) are not
   necessary.

   Is there a command to add in a Makefile.am to avoid the
   installation of those file, so that only the sahred lib
   is installed ?

Do you want the static library built at all?  If not, try
 libfoo_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS = --tag=disable-static

indeed, I don't want static lib at all. So using that tag disables the installation of the static lib. But the .la is still installed (and the .dll.a, the import lib, on Windows too). Maybe this question should be asked in the libtool ML

thanks

Vincent Torri