Re: compatibility problem AC_SUBST

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: compatibility problem AC_SUBST
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:26:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Fritz Code wrote:

Well is there any alternative to AC_SUBST ?
thanks

One way or another, rules for all of the targets seen to be specified in the Makefile.am. That does not mean all of the targets need to be requested to be included in the build. For my own project I use automake conditionals similar to this:

if HasFPX
MAGICK_FPX_MODULES = coders/fpx.la
endif

coders_LTLIBRARIES = coders/splat.la $(MAGICK_FPX_MODULES)

Also see the section entitled "Uniform Naming Scheme" in the Automake documentation which describes the "EXTRA_" prefix which describes how programs and objects which are conditionally built may still be known by Automake.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn