Re: AM Conditional for SUBDIRS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: AM Conditional for SUBDIRS
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 23:33:02 +0200

Hello Vikram,

* Vikram Ambrose wrote on Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:49:58PM CEST:
> Monty Taylor wrote:
>> Vikram Ambrose wrote:
>>>
>>> SUBDIRS = pkgA pkgB $(extra_pkgs)
>>>
>>> extra_pkgs =
>>> if BUILD_pkgC
>>>   extra_pkgs += pkgC
>>> endif
>>>
>>> Both of which work, for make; make install; make clean; but when i try
>>> to make dist or make distclean, they fail. I do a test in configure.ac
>>> to conditional set AC_CONFIG_FILES([pkgc/Makefile])
>>>
>>> How do I do this properly?

Don't conditionally set AC_CONFIG_FILES([pkgc/Makefile]): if your user
wants to be able to conditionally build pkgc, then you need to
unconditionally distribute it, and for the dist rules you need that
Makefile.

<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Conditional-Subdirectories.html>
has more information about different possible setups for conditional
building.

Hope that helps.