Re: Doxygen + Autotools integration

From: Stefano D'Angelo
Subject: Re: Doxygen + Autotools integration
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:55:49 +0200

2008/10/3 Stefano D'Angelo <address@hidden>:
> 2008/10/2 John Calcote <address@hidden>:
>> You may wish to check out my book on Autotools, hosted by Free Software
>> Magazine. In there, I make several references to doxygen, and use code
>> snippets to implement doxygen targets within the sample projects and
>> examples provided in the book.
>>
>> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/autotools_a_guide_to_autoconf_automake_libtool
>
> Well... at first sight the whole thing seems a bit "simplicistic" to
> me, maybe also because I'm generating html, ps, pdf, dvi and man
> output with Doxygen. I'll give it a better look tomorrow maybe.

Ok, read it. I have to congratulate with you for the manual, which
looks way better than the "autobook" (and less outdated of course),
but as said, the proposed solution wouldn't satisfy my needs.

Other than that, I think you could have used AC_CHECK_PROG instead of
AC_CHECK_PROGS to look for the doxygen binary, since it already does
the -z test on the variable used to store its path, thus you wouldn't
need the AC_PROG_TRY_DOXYGEN macro.

Stefano