Re: hide object files

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: hide object files
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 04:59:45 +0100

rrlangly wrote:

I've got a really simple automake just now working w/ my app and what's
happening is that the object files are being placed in my source file
directory. I'd either like to move the obj files to a subdir to hide this,
or have my project build in a completely new tree but I'm not sure how to do
this.

See the discussion starting at:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2008-09/msg00001.html

Brief summary:
mkdir dir-where-object-files-go
cd dir-where-object-files-go
/path/to/dir/where/src/files/are/configure
make

ie, separate the build directory from the source
directory.

--
William Pursell