Re: Tell the linker to use another object suffix

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Tell the linker to use another object suffix
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:24:51 +0100

Hello Martin,

* Martin Kalbfuß wrote on Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:13:05PM CET:
> I replaced the default linker by setting object_LINK to "gm2 -o $@" ,But
> this doesn't work, because gm2 needs the source file names instead of
> the object file names. Can I tell automake or make to pass .mod instead
> of .o to the linker?

I think to do that you either need to write the link rule yourself, or,
using Automake internal knowledge, overwrite object_OBJECTS.  The latter
has implications for dependencies, though, so it would be the right
thing to do only if the linker really requires the source files to be
present only, but not if it requires some object files to be present
that are just not listed on the command line.

Hope that helps.