Re: RE : call for help/crazy idea: nmake support

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: RE : call for help/crazy idea: nmake support
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 02:54:04 -0400

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 19:18 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

[snip]

> And of course I would be delighted if some of you provided fixes
> for pkg-config and whetever else is needed to make building for
> this setup work better.

The problem with pkg-config is that it relies a lot on POSIXy
development environment conventions.  And outside of systems that
provide such a development environment on Windows, there's no
conventional place to put pkg-config's *.pc files.  And if there were,
you'd need to get various SDK installers to start using it.  Oh, and my
own experience is that I wind up using library dependencies that don't
even have "installers" per se; so in these cases a *.pc file would need
to be manually constructed.

I'm quite happy just adding -I and -L flags to CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS as
necessary.

--
Braden McDaniel <address@hidden>