Re: User extensions

From: Pippijn van Steenhoven
Subject: Re: User extensions
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 23:40:37 +0100

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 08:18:44PM +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Ideally, I would like to see testsuite coverage for each code path
> ("branch coverage") for new code.  I understand that only Stefano is
> able to produce this in reasonable amount of time, so whatever you guys
> can manage is better than nothing.

Hi,

not having followed the code discussion very closely (just hoping it will
be in git, soon, so I can start using it, as I have been waiting for
something like this for a long time), I just wonder what you mean by
"branch coverage". If this is execution graph node coverage, then I
agree, but if you mean edge coverage, I don't know how you want to
achieve this. Any O(x) where x>1 algorithm anywhere in the code makes it
impossible. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know how Stefano produces it.

--
Pippijn van Steenhoven