Changing build steps with automake

From: Honza
Subject: Changing build steps with automake
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 06:29:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm new to autotools and have not found the answer to my question in
documentation so I decided to ask here. I need to change/add compilation
steps in opencore-amr project, which uses autotools to generate makefiles.

I'd like to have following procedure
1. run gcc with -S producing asm code
2. perform a sed editing on resulting asm files
3. compile edited asm files

Is there any way how to alter Makefile.am to reach demanded behaviour,
please? It would be easy when using simple Makefile, but I have no idea in
this situation.

regards
Jan