Re: Automake mingw cross compile problems

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: Automake mingw cross compile problems
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 20:09:39 +1000

Stefano Lattarini wrote:

> Which compiler(s) are you using exactly?

i686-w64-mingw32, compiled from source. The compiler is the same one
that was working correctly just recently.

> Which version(s)?

gcc version 4.5.0 20100329 (experimental) (GCC)

>  More importantly, which version of libtool are you using?

libtool 2.4

> Have you changed that too recently?

Possibly. I think I was using 2.2.6 some time recently.

I've tried downgrading libtool the 2.2.6b (Debian package), but
that results in a huge number of warnings from autoconf.

> And reading the above, I suspect it *might* be a libtool bug.

Looking at this more closely, I tend to agree. I'll take this
to the libtool list.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo