Influencing DEFAULT_INCLUDES

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Influencing DEFAULT_INCLUDES
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 19:54:14 -0500 (CDT)

It seems that Automake automatically adds an include path to where the generated "config.h" resides. It assumes to know how the using software will specify how "config.h" is included. For my project, this ends up with this in Makefile.in:

DEFAULT_INCLUDES = address@hidden@ -I$(top_builddir)/magick

Unfortunately, this causes files in -I$(top_builddir)/magick to be used rather than similarly named system include files when top_srcdir = top_builddir. When this happens, it seems that the only solution is to build outside of the source tree.

I do not actually need this include path for my project.

Is there a safe way to change DEFAULT_INCLUDES to only include what is needed?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn