GNU Standards

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: GNU Standards
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:14:23 +0000

I'm revisiting the automake tutorial at www.gnu.org and going over the amhello
example.  In that it is mentioned that the "foreign" option to the automake
"compiler" (what should I call it?) is so that the automake system doesn't
complain about the absence of files such as "AUTHORS, ChangeLog, etc.", because
the "GNU Standards" dictate such files be present.  Where can I get these
standards?  I'd like to include these files, and the other required ones, in
the library that our team distributes.

Thanks,
Andy