making subprojects

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: making subprojects
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 21:52:39 +0000

I know that I found this once before but am not getting the searches
right.  I'm wondering how to incorporate other autotools projects into
my own.  The project I'm working on has a dependency on a very recent
version of libusb1.  There aren't RPMs available for this version for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  So, we need to build/distribute the library
with our own.  We don't actually want to install libusb1 but simply
build the library and link our stuff with it statically.  How do I
structure things in the configure.ac or Makefile.am files accordingly so
that it will happen?

Andy