Portable $addprefix

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Portable $addprefix
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:02:48 -0700

Hey list,

I'd like to transform the following variable in my Makefile.am from...

    files_only = a.foo b.foo c.foo d.foo ...

Into...

    files_with_path = dir/a.foo dir/b.foo dir/c.foo dir/d.foo ...

I'm aware of GNU Make's $addprefix magic. I'm also aware it's naughty
to use where portability is a concern and a different implementation of
make may be used behind Automake. I was wondering if anyone has come up
with a recipe for scenarios like this?

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred