Automake 1.16

From: Thomas Martitz
Subject: Automake 1.16
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 20:39:50 +0200

Hello,

are there any plans to release Automake 1.16?

Currently, there is still a nasty bug in 1.15 that is fixed in the development code (I'm talking about the "foo_SOURCES containing variables like $(srcdir)/foo.c" one). Also, I would like to see a release that ships my shorter object file name work. Both issues are raised from time to time, so a release would be welcome.

At last, 1.15 is rather old by now. A fresh release would be a good sign of life.

Best regards.