Re: [avrdude-dev] patch replace usleep on windows systems.

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] patch replace usleep on windows systems.
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:47:20 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Attached is a patch to replace usleep on windows systems. All other
> systems still use usleep() is all goes well.

No idea what happened to this, i just noticed this message is still
here in the tree.

> +     replace.c \
> +     replace.h \

"replace.[ch" doesn't seem to be a good name for a multiplatform
environment to me.  It suggests there were one system the software has
been developed for, and another one that is catching up, instead of
the view of equal peers.

I'd rather suggest to use a machdep.[ch] for it, and move all
machine-dependant stuff there (into #ifdef'ed areas).  While usleep()
is commonly found on many Unixes, it's not in any defined standard.
We might want to use nanosleep() instead which is standard (Posix or
whatever its replacement might be now).  So it's quite possible even
some Unix might need entries in that file.