Re: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur

From: Hans Eirik Bull
Subject: Re: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:51:12 +0100

I'm not sure what I do wrong.

After running ./configure I get the following output:

Configuration summary:
----------------------
DO HAVE    libelf
DO HAVE    libusb
DO HAVE    libusb_1_0
DON'T HAVE libftdi1
DO HAVE    libftdi
DON'T HAVE libhid
DO HAVE    libhidapi
DO HAVE    pthread
DISABLED   doc
DISABLED   parport
DISABLED   linuxgpio
DISABLED   linuxspi

Then I remove all old .o files and the previously compiled avrdude binary and
run:

sudo make all

After running the following command, I still get an error when trying to make
the Xplained Mini UPDI programmer to work:

/Users/hans/Downloads/SVN/avrdude/avrdude
-C/Users/hans/Documents/Arduino/hardware/MegaCoreX/megaavr/avrdude.conf -vvv
-patmega4808 -cxplainedmini_updi -Pusb

         Using Port                    : usb
         Using Programmer              : xplainedmini_updi
avrdude: jtag3_open_updi()
avrdude: usbdev_open(): Found mEDBG CMSIS-DAP, serno: MICROUPDIPROGRAMMERX
avrdude: usbdev_open(): error claiming interface 0: Permission denied
avrdude: usbdev_open(): error claiming interface 1: Permission denied
avrdude: usbdev_open(): no usable interface found
avrdude: jtag3_open_common(): Did not find any device matching VID 0x03eb and
PID list: 0x2145

I have no idea how to use dtruss and what to do with it, sorry.

Hans