[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail]

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail]
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:54:21 -0500

Hello everyone,

Rather than duplicate email, I think I will try sending
this reply just to the axiom-developer list. Tim could
you please let me know if this is ok and if everything is
working as expected with this email list. Is this email
being forwarded to the other people currently interested
in working on AXIOM development?

On 2002/11/01 Fri AM 11:48:42 EST address@hidden wrote:
> Please do the following:
>  a) download noweb and try a simple example.
>  b) make sure you copy address@hidden on your
> emails so we have a record of this process. as more
> developers join I can point them at the record and get
> them up to speed.

I am new to noweb but the concept is familiar to me. Also
Linux is not my usual working environment although I do
use it for several things including Aldor and running a
NAT router on my network. I currently use RedHat 7.2 and
intend to install 8.0 pretty soon.

Do any of you have experience with the cygwin environment
under Windows? I the following web site seems to contain
some current information and a detailed recipe for running
noweb (as well as ICON and MikTex) under cygwin on Windows:

  http://www.literateprogramming.com/noweb/nowebinstall.html

I have tried this and it seems to work exactly as
advertised.

Will it be possible for me to use the cygwin environment
for develop work on AXIOM? If it is possible, do you think
it is advisable?