[Axiom-developer] CVS access

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] CVS access
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:50:00 -0500

Tim,

Ok I have successfully checked out the axiom module from
the CVS repository using the instructions at

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=axiom

Working from home, I do not have a "fascist firewall" to
worry about. So the anonymous access via :pserver: worked
fine the first time. The commands I used under the Cygwin
bash shell were:

------------

$ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/axiom login
(Logging in to address@hidden)
CVS password:

address@hidden ~
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/axiom co axiom
cvs server: Updating axiom
cvs server: Updating axiom/license
U axiom/license/LICENSE.AXIOM
U axiom/license/LICENSE.BULL
U axiom/license/LICENSE.CCL
U axiom/license/LICENSE.EAY
U axiom/license/LICENSE.FSF
U axiom/license/LICENSE.NOWEB
U axiom/license/LICENSE.RAND
U axiom/license/LICENSE.SMC

"Developer CVS Access via SSH" was not necessary in order
to checkout the files. But I have generated another rsa1
key for my machine here at home and added to my account
profile at Savannah. In an hour or so (to give Savannah
a chance to update their key database), I will try to do
the checkout again in "developer" mode.