Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG demo version of AXIOM - flexlm license?

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG demo version of AXIOM - flexlm license?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:13:53 +0000

Dear Bill,

I've already supplied Tim with a copy of the last release of Axiom for
this purpose.  You won't get anywhere with trying to use other versions
of Techexplorer with that version of Axiom because (a) they are
incompatible, and (b) the license management is also in CCL.

Techexplorer remains the property of IBM and while we have rights to
parts of it we were explicitly forbidden to allow the use of any of them
with OpenAxiom.  The sources we released should allow you to build Axiom
under Windows but only with a fairly basic TTY-style interface.  Due to
the complexity of the build process and (until NT 4 came along) the
general flakiness of Windows we always built all the Windows image files
for CCL on Unix, so I'd strongly recommend getting a Linux version
running first before you tackle Windows.

We are very sympathetic to the Open Source project (we wouldn't have
gone to the considerable time and expense to release the code under an
open license otherwise), however I'm not sure whether we can issue new
licenses for old versons of Axiom since this might breach our "severance
agreement" with IBM.

Regards, Mike.