Re: [Axiom-developer] making ccl on cygwin

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] making ccl on cygwin
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:36:10 +0000

Hi Bill,

The versions of Axiom up to 2.2 for Windows were built with Watcom C
because it was the fastest C compiler around at the time.  We moved to
Visual C++ (version 6 I think) for Axiom 2.3 since Watcom C was no
longer supported.  We never built a cygwin version.  The version of CCL
you have is a merge of our latest version with Arthur Norman's, and I
haven't tried building it under Windows.

The license manager certainly needed RPC, as did our link to the NAG
Library (on Unix only).  I'm not sure whether any of the graphics or
sman code used it - I don't think so but I could be wrong.

The code I sent to Tim was tested on Redhat Linux (nominally 6.2 but it
gets patched and upgraded constantly) with gcc 2.91.66.

Good luck!

Mike.