[Axiom-developer] visual literate programming

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] visual literate programming
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 2:32:19 -0500

Tim and Joris,

I have now started to become quite familiar with TeXmacs
and am rather pleased with it's capabilities. I think it
is a good choice for a new graphical front-end for axiom.

By now you (Tim) have authored a number of significant
noweb "pamphlet" files for the new open source version
of axiom and have even made some simple changes to noweb
to accommodate the axiom build process.

It has always seemed quite clear to me that the overall
appearance of a complex system (such as axiom) is strongly
influenced by the environment in which it is developed.
Thus systems developed in a "command line" oriented
environment (the classical Unix environment) tend to be
command line oriented etc. So therefore I am quite
interested in finding ways to continue the development of
axiom from with in the environment in which it will
eventually run. To that end, let me recall your exchange
with Jorix van der Hoeven of last June.

---------