[Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on Cygwin for Axiom

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on Cygwin for Axiom
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:13:19 -0500

On 2002/11/20 Wed AM 11:54:05 EST Martin RUBEY
<address@hidden> wrote:

> ..
> > 3) There is a "pre-release" version of GCL posted at the
> > Savannah site which is supposed into compile into native
> > Window's application with the mingw32 version of GCC.
> > Perhaps that is where I will try to go next.
>
> I think this is the way to go. And I think that Mike
> Thomas <address@hidden> is the one to
> ask, if there are Windows Problems. There is a Mingw
> binary availaible on
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/cvs/
>
> (but I do not have windows)
>
> Camm Maguire will also be glad to help, I think
>
> you might want to look at
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gcl-devel/2002-September/001084.html

Excellent! Thank you for this information. My most
recent attempt to build a Cygwin version just failed
so Mingw native Windows it is ...

BTW, if it is true what Mike Thomas says that: "A port
to Cygwin would be trivial ...", then he's a much better
hacker than I am!

Cheers,