[Axiom-developer] Re: [Mingw-users] Re: GCL on Cygwin for Axiom

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Mingw-users] Re: GCL on Cygwin for Axiom
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:36:08 -0500

Bill Page wrote:

A secondary issue is that the next goal after getting
OpenAxiom to run in Windows is to provide a new GUI
frontend (to replace Techexplorer). The current plan
is to use TeXmacs. Currently TeXmacs runs only on Linux
and Cygwin (with Xfree86). Making it work under native
Windows sounds formidable and I am not sure if anyone
is seriously attempting such a port. But I suppose there
is no reason (in principle) why one could not support
TeXmacs under Cygwin with access to the Windows native
version of Axiom. The main purpose of Cygwin then would
be to provide the x-server windows environment.

For a cygwinless X11 you should check out http://sources.redhat.com/win32-x11/ , it appears old, incomplete and not currently being worked but ...

Earnie.