[Axiom-developer] Re: noweb, pamphlets, and TeXmacs

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: noweb, pamphlets, and TeXmacs
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 09:56:26 -0500

Bill,

The URLs are all assumed to be internal, hence the pamphlet:
prefix. I only wanted to steal the syntax since parsers are
available and the syntax is already defined. Nothing about
Axiom is intended to point elsewhere.

The key issue is that I'd like to share code chunks and text blocks
between pamphlets. I can do this with \include tex macros but the
macros do not know the pamphlet file format. URLs (PRLs? Pamphlet
resource locators?)

Consider the issue of describing the way your code makes novel use
of some routine out of another document, say DHMATRIX.spad.pamphlet.
Rather than either copying the code or including a makefile
that will build both documents and strip the code block (both
solutions work) you could just <<PRL:/(path)/doc#code>>.

You do make a good point that this technology cries for abuse.
Perhaps a new syntax and working could correct that.