[Axiom-developer] Re: noweb, pamphlets, and TeXmacs

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: noweb, pamphlets, and TeXmacs
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:45:29 -0500

> The URLs are all assumed to be internal, hence the pamphlet:
> prefix.
> you could just <<PRL:/(path)/doc#code>>
In this case, we agree. I would suggest then that the (path) be left out
and recovered dynamically from the user's installation (much like a
relative html reference, but based on the Pamphlet system installation
directory path). Here I am assuming that a user installs all existing
pamphlets when the new Axiom system is installed. If this is not the
case (as some users may prefer), then some "external" but stable
depository for these pamphlets would be searched (also dynamically
rather than hard coded into the pamphlet). So new versions can update
the external paths without having to change the pamphlets. These updates
can also be done automatically similar to patches to software bugs.

William
--
William Sit
Department of Mathematics..............Email: address@hidden