Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom next release

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom next release
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:06:50 -0500

David,

Did the compilation complete on it's own (besides from
the latex processes that you had to kill)? Or did you
terminate the compilation after it became quite clear
that there was very likely some kind of rather long
cycle of apparently repeated re-compilations of the
same algebra modules?

In my case, I waited and watched the compilation process
for more than an hour after it appeared to be nearing
the last phase. I was looking for an obvious repitition.
I recalled that Tim had said that there probably still
remained an unbroken cycle of dependencies that caused
an infinite loop, so I decided to stop it rather than
wait it out. Overall the make process ran for about 2
hours on my 1.6 GHz linux box before I stopped it.

After stopping it, I tried starting interpsys as Tim
instructed in his earlier message. That's when I declared
success and went to get some sleep.

Tim, is this consistent with what you see when you do
the full compilation? Do you have any hints as to were
to look for this cycle of dependencies?