RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: latex processes

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: latex processes
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:17:19 -0500

Tim,

I think the problem is that you have not given the full
path for the noweb.sty file in the make file. By default
Tex only looks in the /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base
(or equivalent) directory for it's style files. If
some process has previously copied the noweb.sty file
to that default directory (as it is on my system
from previously playing with noweb itself and probably
on your system too), then the make will succeed using
the file that it finds there. But in a virgin installation
the noweb file will not be found.

This same error occurred in your previous (partial) Axiom
release. I think you fixed most of the places where noweb
was referenced without a full path. Maybe this one just
was missed. Perhaps you should remove noweb.sty from the
Tex default directory on your system so you can catch this
problem. Or alternatively you could change the location
where you copy noweb.sty to the Tex default and then
modify the makefile.pamphlet files so that they all
use this default.

Bill Page.