[Axiom-developer] Compiling

From: Dylan Thurston
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Compiling
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:44:38 -0400

I've successfully gotten the compiler to run, and, after some poking,
found that obj/linux/bin/interpsys would give me a prompt at which I
could do some computations.  But, as warned, the compilation is very
incomplete.  I played around to try to see, e.g., why FFIELDC from
ffcat.spad.pamphlet was not being compiled, and got to the point of
getting a 'Value stack overflow', which is now an error I could try to
address.  (Could it just be that some gcl limits are set too low?)

One thing that seemed clear to me is that there must be automated
tools for doing this; also, it doesn't seem that this is a very
efficient use of make, since there are about 24 lines per individual
category in the Makefile, and many different places that need to be
changed when you want to, say, add a new file.

Peace,
        Dylan