[Axiom-developer] current bug

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] current bug
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 12:42:12 -0400

If you have the ability to do 1+1 in an axiom interpreter
built from the current sources then you can also try tracking
the same bug i'm chasing at the moment. It should be the case
that if you try to compile the XPR domain from xpoly.spad thus:

)co xpoly.spad )con XPR

you will see a value stack overflow.

The nature of the problem is that there is a line of the form:

if R has Field
 then ...

where, in general, Field could be replaced by other categories.
Algebra code that contains "if R has" conditionals will not compile.

This causes an infinite loop in the compiler apparently related
to RING.

You now have all of the basic information I have. If we can solve
this problem it is likely that we can get the rest of the algebra
to compile and we will have a running system.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden