[Axiom-developer] Re: subscribing to axiom-developer, user interface is

From: Jason White
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: subscribing to axiom-developer, user interface issues.
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:00:02 +1000

A low-priority question:

To make Axiom output easily readable via synthetic speech or on my braille
display I need it in a linear format. Partial success can be achieved
as follows (see the last several lines for the problem):

(1) -> 1/3

        1
   (1)  -
        3
                                                       Type: Fraction Integer
(2) -> )set output fraction
--------------------------- The fraction Option ---------------------------

 The fraction option may be followed by any one of the following:

 -> vertical
    horizontal

 The current setting is indicated within the list.

(2) -> )set output fraction horizontal
(2) -> %

   (2)  1/3
                                                       Type: Fraction Integer
(3) -> a*x**3+b*x**2+c*x+d=0

           3      2
   (3)  a x  + b x  + c x + d= 0
                                            Type: Equation Polynomial Integer
(4) -> )set output scripts
--------------------------- The scripts Option ----------------------------

 The scripts option may be followed by any one of the following:

    yes
    no

 The current setting is indicated within the list.

(4) -> )set output scripts yes
(4) -> %

           3      2
   (4)  a x  + b x  + c x + d= 0
                                            Type: Equation Polynomial Integer
(5) ->

Either the scripts option isn't working or I have misunderstood what
it is meant to do. That no "current setting" is highlighted in the
help text suggests this might be a bug.