[Axiom-developer] Axiom Documentation

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Documentation
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 07:55:27 -0400

Dr Dunstan,

I'm Tim Daly, the lead developer of the open source computer algebra
system Axiom. Axiom started in the 60s as an IBM Research effort, was
later sold to NAG in England, and has been withdrawn as a commercial
product. I know you worked closely with NAG in the past.

You have written quite a bit about Axiom. I have a copy of your thesis
work as well as a recent link to your tutorial listed at this site:
http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~mnd/documentation/axiom_tutorial.
Axiom is just now becoming available and needs documentation which can
be distributed with the source code and executables. Both your thesis
and this tutorial would be very useful to future developers and users
of Axiom. I'd like your permission to integrate your work as part of
the distribution.

The files would be distributed under a modified BSD license as part of
the documentation of Axiom. You would be given credit of authorship.
I'd like your permission to do that.

Tim Daly
address@hidden
address@hidden