Re: [Axiom-developer] Report on building axiom cvs 2003-06-23 (i386)

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Report on building axiom cvs 2003-06-23 (i386)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:28:43 -0400

David,

re: (1) ... no rule for Makefile.pamphlet

Odd. Must have been a bad upload because it doesn't happen here.
I'll reload that Makefile.pamphlet file.

re: (2) ... missing sys-pkg.lisp in debugsys

I'm a stickler for errors. There shouldn't be error messages (nor
warning messages if they can be helped (Axiom's current state is
a huge embarrassment in this regard)).

So debugsys should build even if I'm the only user.

re: (3) ASP34.spad

There are a number of errors and warnings the algebra build, some
of which happen even in the NAG version. However, I've resisted the
urge to fix the algebra code until I'm done getting the rest of the
problems fixed.

re: (4) value of EXIT

methinks this is a bug that is new to GCL 2.5 but I haven't started
to pursue it yet. I'm not sure if EXIT is new to GCL or what.

re: (5) SPLTREE in french

je ne comprende pas. Another algebra error.

re: patches.

Any and all patches are welcome. This isn't supposed to be a
one person project but a community effort; I'm just driving
the bus.