[Axiom-developer] booklet function

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] booklet function
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:31:36 -0400

I've made some modifications to your program so that it outputs
chunk tags that do not contain protocol specifiers. Thus

<<asdf>>

is output unchanged but

<<file:asdf>>

is replaced inline. I've also added some additional documentation.
Other than that the program works great.

I've been trying to include test code from the original files.
I needed the program because you can't use TeX's include function
with noweb. If you try:

<<chunk>>=
\include{asdf}
@

it fails because the \include is quoted. If you try:

\include{asdf}

where the file asdf contains the <<chunk>> it fails because
notangle and noweave process the file before TeX so the
chunk is never seen.

The booklet function preprocesses the file and expands the
protocol specifier before either notangle or tex is run.
Thus it is now possible to keep all of your test cases in
files in subdirectories arranged by subject and then expand
them into the documents and test cases.

Eventually booklet will expand to handle other protocols.

Thanks.
Tim Daly
address@hidden
address@hidden