[Axiom-developer] Re: tm_axiom

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: tm_axiom
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:51:36 +0200 (CEST)

> re: NAG Axiom
>
> I've offered to pick up support for the prior Axiom, including if
> necessary, providing gratis contract work thru NAG. The response
> is that would require access to sources that were not released and
> they cannot do that. I don't understand why a contract employee
> can't see source code but that's the decision.
>
> I can still support the current NAG Axiom users for algebra.
> They can recompile changes to the algebra files and install them.
> Currently all of the algebra sources are in old Axiom format
> under mnt/linux/src/algebra.

OK, so without any cooperation from NAG, we should probably
drop the old tm_axiom, except if Andrey Grozin finds a way to
keep it working.

> re: texmacs and tm_axiom
>
> Suppose I had tm_axiom in the current directory.
> Suppose I had texmacs installed in /usr/local/texmacs.
> Can you give me a idea of "install" instructions for tm_axiom into texmacs?

First of all, you should really distribute the entire axiom plugin if
you want to distribute the tm_axiom file. In the current distribution,
this means all what you have in $TEXMACS_PATH/plugins/axiom,
where $TEXMACS_PATH=/usr/local/texmacs for you. In general,
plugins are either installed in $TEXMACS_PATH/plugins (when the user
has root privileges) or in $HOME/.TeXmacs/plugins (for ordinary users).
So you should first try the first and then the second.