RE: [Axiom-developer] other GCL versions

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] other GCL versions
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:42:12 -0400

Tim,

Yes, according to the new GCL version numbering scheme
x.y.z-w is stable if y is an even number. The previous
stable version (I think) was 2.5.4 which was prior to
the introduction of the new numbering scheme.

The current *unstable* development version of GCL is
2.7.0-11.

Check for the most recent stuff at

  http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl/

Note: These are not just debian files.