Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Texmacs-dev] Patch for axiom plugin: line-bre

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Texmacs-dev] Patch for axiom plugin: line-breaking algorithm & support of both NAG and free Axiom
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:43:56 +0100

Hello Bill,

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you upload this new version to the files section
> at Savannah? Maybe as version 1.0.3 or such?

I tried but...

> Also, if you do upload it to the files section, let me
> know if you have any problem with access restrictions.

...as you, savannah did not let me upload the files. I wonder if the
directory owner on savannah is not the guy who has done the last
successful upload.

I'll send you the files by email, so you could give it a try.

> Do you think we should make a place for this in the
> Axiom CVS or will the TeXmacs people take this on?

I think it would be better to let TeXmacs people to integrate it. But if
they don't do it, we will add this work to our CVS.

> There was also another modification recently providing
> a command line option to tm_axiom which specified either
> one or two prompts. With this change to AXIOMsys, that
> option should not longer be necessary, right?

I think so. At least in my version, AXIOMsys is called directly. And as
it was mentioned on the list, it should work with NAG's version.

> I think the question of line-breaking: tm_axiom vs. TeXmacs
> is still an active issue. And there are some bugs in the
> line-break code in this new version of tm_axiom. Should we
> track these bugs as part of the Axiom project?

As we have wrote and we maintain this software, we should fix bugs
ourself, as time permits.

Yours,
d.
--