[Axiom-developer] Re: zaurus

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: zaurus
Date: 06 Nov 2003 18:08:54 -0500

Greetings!  While I'm a bit confused if your zaurus is arm or i386
from earlier email, you can get prebuilt gcl arm tarballs at:

http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl

and following the brief instructions in HOWTO-UNPACK-DEBS.  Don't know
anything about an .ipk file, but it is likely just some packaging
format, no?  If your zaurus is arm, you should be able to untar the
build, set your paths, and build axiom as normal.  Currently, there is
no completed axiom build on Debian arm due to the timeouts, but it is
close.  I'm reasonably confident I can build it by hand, sidestepping
timeout issues, on some of the arm boxes I have access to.  Would this
be useful?  Can we simply repackage the .deb into an .ipk?

Take care,