[Axiom-developer] huh?

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] huh?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:32:25 -0500

>I'm doing a test build right now. There are a zillion more ${SPAD}/notangle
>that I had to patch locally. Could you please do those as well?

I was unaware that the SPAD variable was used anymore.
I removed the only existing use (in the document command) last night.
I grepped the sources and did not find a ${SPAD}/notangle reference.
Clearly I missed something. What file does this?

${SPADBIN}/notangle still exists in Lattice.pamphlet but this file is
now purely used for documentation purposes. Bill and I were using this
information to build a lattice.

The references to axiom.sty are bogus in two ways:
(1) I missed the "build location" vs "source location" path walk
(2) I need to figure out how to put axiom.sty on some sort of path
    that tex uses (anybody know how to do this?)

The issue for "committing the patch" (as I understand it) is that
the C code is "frozen" and no patches are accepted that change it.
I could be wrong. I'm about to patch the tmpname warning so you
might want to wait a day or two. I'll send you a message once I've
tested it and put it in the cvs.