[Axiom-developer] Re: Fedora

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Fedora
Date: 08 Mar 2004 14:18:00 -0500

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
> >Greetings!  Someone else just asked about Fedora, so I thought I'd
> >check the status.  To my understanding, the only remaining issue is
> >unexec, which is also a problem with emacs, and which, if I recall,
> >Roland said he would fix in some manner.  Is this true?  Has this been
> >done?
>
> I saw the note from Matt re: Fedora and GCL. My understanding is the
> same as yours.

OK, I think my contact's suspicions are correct, and that nothing
local (setarch, -Wa,--execstack) turns off the brk
randomization. You're a fedora developer right?  Do you know if there
are plans to address this in later versions?  Should I write to Roland
directly?  If you do contact him, kindly ask him to also explain how
emacs unexec is made to work.

Take care,