[Axiom-developer] building axiom

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] building axiom
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 13:58:24 -0700

Axiom doesn't seem to compile itself out of CVS.  I had to:
    cd mnt
    mkdir linux
    cd linux
    ln -s bin ../bin
I think the makefile should be doing this...

So I decided to change a little something in Axiom (you know, getting
acquainted with everything).  Specifically I want it to output Booleans
as {\tt true} and {\tt false} rather than true and false when in tex
mode:
    )set output tex on
which appears when using the TeXmacs interface, for instance.  I added:
    str = "true" => "{\tt true}"
    str = "false" => "{\tt false}"
in src/algebra/tex.spad.pamphlet:556 which I'm sure is not the best way
to accomplish this...

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you
    end up being governed by your inferiors."  -- Plato