[Axiom-developer] documentation

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] documentation
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:18:59 -0400

Stephen,

I've started writing a package for Axiom that will allow programs
to generate graphs.

One thing to know about Axiom programs is that they are "literate
programs" meaning that they are actually TeX documents which contain
the source code as well as the documentation. Axiom no longer contains
C, lisp, spad, makefiles, etc. Everything is a TeX document from which
the programs are extracted at build time.

Rather than rewriting the relevant portions of the docs you provide
I'd rather just quote the text directly. I don't see anything in the
license that prevents that. Unfortunately, I also don't see the
original tex files that make up the documentation.

Several questions:

Is it clear to you that the license allows me to quote the docs?
Are the tex documents available? It would save retyping the parts.
If so, where can I get them?
Will they be made part of the distribution?

Thanks,