Re: [Axiom-developer] efficiency

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] efficiency
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:05:06 -0400

Camm,

As I understand the issue the original comparison was flawed.
(Renaud, please correct me if I'm wrong).

There were two versions of the code, one with debugging enabled
and one without. The GCL/Axiom was run with debugging, the NAG
version without.

I performed the same tests using the same source code and the
results are comparable. There was just a minor misunderstanding
about comparing debugging vs non-debugging code. This was cleared
up later.